Thursday 5 February 2009

...a few things

I have been playing with Twitter over the last fortnight, inspired by the Hudson River 'Crash landing' story. There has also been a lot in the press this week about its popularity.

A few of the companies that I deal with have started to use Twitter to inform of news updates and it seems to work - it seems to be superseding RSS feeds. I am going to experiment with using twitter to keep in touch with my Year 12's (Double Award A'Level ICT), as they all seem to be quite comfortable with the technology. From my experience of the College VLE, students like quick, short and regular updates. Which goes against my blogging experience so far!

There are two pieces of software that I want to share with people that have been a big help in converting video and music for the students to use in their MovieMaker 'Digital Stories':

Cinemaforge is brilliant for downloading and converting youtube clips, so that they can be imported into MovieMaker (as a WMV) and then edited. DVDvideosoft also make a very simple youtube to MP3 converter, so that audio tracks can imported into MovieMaker.

A lot of the video clips need to be 'indexed' first before importing. The Windows Media File Editor is brilliant for this.

Best of all, all three of these are free. Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment